Islamic State calms responsibility for attack on police officers in Belgium’s Charleroi
Dushanbe, 08.08.2016. /NIAT “Khovar”/. The terrorist organization Islamic State has claimed responsibility for Saturday’s attack on policemen in the Belgian city of Charleroi, France Presse said on Sunday citing Amaq agency linked with Islamic State.
According to Amaq, the man who wounded two police officers by a machete was an Islamic State «soldier.»
Belgium’s prosecutors said earlier on Sunday the attacker was identified as an Algerian national with previous criminal record. The man, 33, was not reported to have links with terrorists. No weapons or explosives were found in his backpack.
Two police officers were wounded by a man with a machete in Charleroi, the country’s RTFB broadcaster said on Saturday. The unidentified man injured two police officers with his machete in the city center. The attacker was later wounded and detained by the police, Charleroi’s police said.









Tajikistan Seeks to Expand Air Connectivity With CIS Countries
Tojiktelecom Joins DE-CIX, Strengthening Tajikistan’s Digital Infrastructure
Tajikistan Plans to Harvest More Than 393,000 Tons of Cotton
CIS Experts Review Tajikistan’s Initiative to Establish Council of Enforcement Authorities
Tajikistan, Uzbekistan Underscore Shared Commitment to Friendship and Strategic Partnership
Tajikistan to Host 20th Delphic Youth Games of CIS in October
President Emomali Rahmon: Uzbek-Speaking Population of Tursunzoda Should Have Access to Uzbek-Language Schools, Textbooks
President Emomali Rahmon Inaugurates New Industrial Enterprise in Tursunzoda
Tajik Farmers Harvest Nearly 589,000 Tons of Wheat by August 2026
Khatlon Agricultural Output Reaches 17.1 Billion Somoni in First Half of 2026
Somon Air to Launch Weekly Direct Flights Between Dushanbe, Minsk





